Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Referee sues Kenyan FA after crotch attack leaves him 'unable to enjoy conjugal rights'

Referee Martin Wekesa Wamalwa is suing the Kenyan football federation after being subjected to a very specific kind of physical assault during a game between local rivals Admiral and Sparki Youth back in September 2012.

Wamalwa has recounted the ordeal since, telling local news:

"That was the most gruesome moment of my life, I can never explain the pain but I am lucky to be alive.

"On that day I remember I fainted after the guy attacked me squeezing me dangerously in my sensitive parts. I remember waking up three hours later while in hospital and it has been a long time to recovery.

"I was affected mentally and physically as well since I became a subject of ridicule in town."

Wamalwa has now begun seeking compensation for his injuries by filling a lawsuit against the federation to the tune of 20 million Kenyan shillings, which works out to about 240,000 dollars (156,000 pounds).

According to a statement made on Wamalwa's behalf by his lawyer, the former referee has "suffered permanent incapacity and can no longer enjoy his conjugal rights as required by following extensive damage to his sexual organs."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?