Sunday, November 19, 2006

LuaLua

Lomana LuaLua is on the brink of quitting Portsmouth after sick fans said they were glad his son had died. The Pompey ace is distraught at a hate campaign branding him a wife-beater after he was arrested and released without charge following a row with his fiancee.

Now LuaLua, whose life was shattered by the death of six-month son Jesus from pneumonia in January, has had enough.

He said: “I do not mind if people criticise me for my football but people who are supposed to support me have said they are glad my son is dead, and that I am a wife-beater and a playboy.

“I do not deserve that and my family do not deserve that.“It has been the worst year of my life and I cannot wait for it to end.

“I am hurt and confused by what the fans have been saying.

“I read newspapers and internet message boards and a lot of what has been said about me has deeply affected me. It has become personal.

“I love playing for Pompey but when my own supporters have a go at me, maybe it is time to move on and go to somewhere where I will be appreciated.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?