Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tevez

Carlos Tevez was upset when his team-mates decided he should wear a Brazil top in training as a punishment for storming out of Upton Park. West Ham’s Argentinian star was in the dog-house for last weekend’s strop after he was subbed during the victory over Sheffield United.

And, having apologised to Hammers’ manager Alan Pardew, Tevez invited the other players to decide his fate.Yet when the verdict came, he wasn’t having any of it.

The Argie would rather part with his life-savings than wear the colours of Brazil.

Tevez laughed:

“I just couldn’t train in a Brazil shirt, I wouldn’t do it. It was like asking an Englishman to wear a German kit — he’d never do that.

“I’m happy to be making a big donation to charity but it’s just too much to wear the strip of my country’s biggest rivals.

“I played in Brazil for Corinthians and enjoyed my time there. But I couldn’t be seen wearing their national shirt.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?