Friday, April 13, 2007

Quinn's "big" gesture

From The Journal, Tuesday:

"I had to laugh when I read of Niall Quinn's big gesture providing taxis for stranded Sunderland fans when their flight was cancelled on Saturday, March 30, following their match at Cardiff.

I was on the plane with my severely disabled wife and three-year-old daughter. Mr Quinn certainly didn't offer us any help.

As my wife is completely dependent on a wheelchair, we had already pre-boarded by the time the Sunderland party arrived. To my mind, it was clear that they had had more than "a few drinks"; in my opinion, most of the group stank of booze. Some seemed to stagger as they boarded and by the time they were all on, the cabin smelt like a brewery.

Contrary to what has been written in some newspapers, there was aggressive behaviour from members of the party."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?