Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hooliganism to be wiped out by religious music

Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali hopes to wipe out hooliganism and on-field violence by playing hymns and religious music at their soccer stadium.

"(I will play) only religious songs before the matches, because I'm the one who pays and this is the way I like it," Becali told reporters on Wednesday.

"I will take out the song .... 'We will rock you'. Why play that song? So the players kill each other?

"Whoever wants (to hear) devil's music should not come to my stadium."

Becali, who capitalised on his soccer fame to create a local ultranationalist party, ranks second in the presidential polls and has attracted strong support by helping build churches across Romania.

Among Becali's new rules for the team are "fines for sad faces". Players will be forced to pay between 5,000 and 30,000 euros ($40,600) if they appear upset after being substituted or dropped."

All my players must be happy," Becali said.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?