Monday, June 18, 2007

Lita's text hell

Leroy Lita has revealed the text hate hell that fuels his Euro 2007 dream.

The England Under-21 hitman opened his tournament account on Thursday in the 2-2 draw with Italy.

But he then admitted he had received a string of abusive messages from total strangers following his missed penalty in the opening 0-0 draw against the Czech Republic.

Reading star Lita, 20, is ready to put it all behind him and help England beat Serbia on Sunday to send Stuart Pearce’s boys into the last four.

Lita said: “There were some people who got hold of my number from somewhere. They left me a few messages and texts but you don’t reply.

“I had a lot of stick from random people after the penalty. They were giving me a hard time, but I like it.

“It gives you a taste of what it’s like to be in the senior team at these tournaments. I just wanted to get back on to the pitch and play again.

“I didn’t get any last night so it’s okay. If there is another penalty I’ll take it. I’m not worried one little bit.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?