Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ankle fractured while celebrating

The mayor of Toulouse, Jean-Luc Moudenc, joined in the party after they booked their place in next season's Champions League for the first time ever. Earlier in the season he had apparently promised to run naked around the club's training ground if this had happened, but fortunately he won't be able to live up to that promise soon.

After the game, he and the club's president went down to the changing rooms to celebrate with the team, only to both be chucked in the team bath, as tradition dictates. Unfortunately, despite his best efforts, it still ended in disaster for the poor mayor:

"I had taken off my coat to save my mobile phone and credit card," he said. "But I hit my foot on the bottom of the bath."

He fractured a bone in his ankle: "I'll be in plaster for three weeks and then another three weeks of rehabilitation," Moudenc confirmed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?