Friday, August 31, 2007

Ferguson breaks his own rule

Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to break one of his own rules this week - when he took a helicopter to watch son Darren's Peterborough side in action.

Fergie has banned his millionaire players from taking helicopters and private planes, but it was a different story when he needed to make it to the League Two clash on time.

A sheepish Sir Alex revealed: "I got a helicopter from our training ground to watch Darren's team play the other day, simply because it was the only way I could get down there. Mick Phelan, my first team coach, said to me: 'I can't believe you. You're the one who refused everybody helicopters and private planes, you used to go off your head with them all'.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?