Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Player donates signing bonus

Lee Cook has given his cash-strapped former club QPR a major boost by handing over £250,000 as a parting gift. Left-winger Cook departed Loftus Road last month to join West London neighbours Fulham for £2.5million.

But when he heard Rangers were not happy with the fee, he decided to step in and stump up an extra 10 per cent from his own money.

Cook, 25, said: “Rangers are struggling for money and, as everyone knows, I’m a boyhood Rangers fan.

“The club were saying not enough money had been paid for me so I said, ‘I’ll give you 10per cent of the sale’. It was totally my decision, there was no pressure from anyone.

“I love Rangers and I don’t want to see them hard up.”

Cook hopes his gesture will help keep Rangers ticking over until new finance arrives.

He added: “It goes through your mind the club might go into administration but I heard new investors are coming.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?