Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Silva gets dumped over the Net

Gilberto Silva was shocked at being dumped as Arsenal's skipper - after reading it on the Internet.

The Brazilian ace captained the Gunners for much of last season in the absence of the injured Thierry Henry, who has joined Barcelona in the summer.

But Silva, 30, has revealed he was stunned to discover boss Arsene Wenger had opted to give the armband to defender William Gallas.

And to make matters worse, the midfielder only found out when he switched on his computer.

Silva said: “Of course I was surprised because I was captain all last season when Henry didn’t play and I thought I would be this time.

“Arsene is the manager and it is his decision and I have to accept that. Life goes on and I will get on with my job like I always have.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?