Friday, September 07, 2007

Teams to relive '86 World Cup quarter-final

England will finally get their chance of revenge against Maradona's Hand of God next month.

The boys of 1986 will face the same Argentina side in a repeat of the World Cup quarter-final.

The two teams will meet in a match at Villa Park on October 14.

Maradona said: “This time when we will come to England there will be no mischief, only great goals. For us this is very serious, we are coming to win.

“It’s a game I still treasure to this day. For the rest of the team and I it was very special and was a great victory on the way to winning the World Cup.

“Everyone talks about the 'Hand of God' from this match, it was a bit of mischief, the goalkeeper had the advantage of grabbing with his hands. It was too high for me and I stuck out my fist.

“After the goal, I was waiting for my team-mates to embrace me and no one came. I told them, come hug me or the referee isn’t going to allow it.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?