Wednesday, October 24, 2007

David Beckham's season lasts 360 minutes

David Beckham is likely to embark on an intensive training programme with an English club side during the months of December and January, particularly if the national team secure qualification for Euro 2008.

Beckham's disjointed first season in America ended on Sunday, after a total of 360 minutes on the pitch, when the Los Angeles Galaxy failed to reach the playoffs.

The former England captain now faces the possibility of more than five months without competitive football before Major League Soccer resumes next April.

Several English clubs have already been in touch, however, with offers to allow him to train with their first-team for several months during the winter.

"I'm a person who likes to train and work every day. I've never had more than three weeks off in the summer," said Beckham.

"I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I'll be keeping on training and keeping fit no matter what. That's the way it's been through my whole career, for the last 15 years."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?