Monday, October 15, 2007

Giggs nearly swapped football for rugby

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has revealed how close he came to swapping football for rugby league.

The son of former Welsh Rugby League star, Danny Wilson, Giggs is close to breaking Sir Bobby Charlton's appearance record for the Reds.

But he admits: "I loved rugby league just as much as football."I played for my school team and for other junior teams in Salford and Langworthy.

"And I'd just played my first game for Lancashire when United signed me as a schoolboy.

"Part of the deal was that I couldn't play any other sports, which was disappointing because I loved my rugby league. If I hadn't been spotted, maybe I would have gone the other way."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?