Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Robson to resume chemo

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson said on Tuesday he would resume chemotherapy treatment next week in his ongoing fight against cancer but that he hoped to remain involved with Irish soccer.

The 74-year-old, who is Ireland's national football adviser, has battled the illness for a number of years. "I am doing alright. I think the word is I am fighting," he told Irish public broadcaster RTE.

"I am coping with it and I am getting on with my life. I am not sitting at home vegetating," he said.

Robson was brought in as a consultant to the Irish squad in 2006 to offset the inexperience of national coach Steve Staunton who, despite being a veteran of three World Cups as a player, had never coached a team by himself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?