Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rooney doesn't like the attention

Wayne Rooney does not enjoy all the attention he gets.

"Anyone who knows me knows I hate that. I'm really a quiet, family man. I tend to go round to my auntie and uncle's a lot to be around the family. I've only just started playing golf, playing a few rounds. I'm not the best, no. I play on my computer a bit. I play a bit of pool."

"When I've finished training, I just go home and most days I just watch TV."

He is intrigued that the country is fascinated in Rooney the person, as well as Rooney the footballer.

"Yes, but of course people out there want to know. When I was a young lad there were professional footballers and I wanted to know about them because they were my idols. For me now, as it has turned around, I understand the attention a bit more. But I don't think there's anything too interesting to find out."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?