Friday, November 16, 2007

Toon owner meets 'Beefy'

Newcastle United superfan 'Beefy' had a belly of laughs with Toon owner Mike Ashley.

Beefy - real name Keith Roberts, of Brockley Whins, South Shields, spotted the billionaire ahead of Saturday's Wear-Tyne encounter at the Stadium of Light.

Mr Ashley, once described as a "reclusive" before his takeover of United, had no problem mixing in with fans as he took his place in the away end.

And tanker driver Beefy said the owner was more than happy to pose for this mobile phone snap, recreating Beefy's famous pose.

The father-of-two said: "He was just one of the lads. He was just walking past in the ground on his way to his seat and I said 'Can I have my photo taken with you?'

"I lifted my top and he just said to me 'Well you've got your belly out, I'll have to get mine out'.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?