Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Carragher defends his actions

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has defended his actions after confronting Luton supporters after last week's FA Cup draw at Kenilworth Road.

Carragher climbed a fence to argue with fans who he claimed swore and threw beer at him as he left the field.

No action was taken against the 30-year-old after neither the Football Association nor the police received any complaints.

Carragher said: 'A few words were said and someone threw a glass of beer over me, so it wasn't the end of the world but you react in that split second.

'No-one spat at me - I want to put that straight. I don't want whoever did it getting more criticism than necessary.

'I just reacted. People from Liverpool have got something about them and if they're not happy about something they let people know.'

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?