Friday, April 25, 2008

Keane to shadow All Blacks

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is still studying for his UEFA Pro-License coaching qualification, part of which involves shadowing a coach from another sport, and he has chosen the famous New Zealand All Blacks rugby team for their game against England in June.

"What level of involvement I can have, just watching training or whatever, I don't know," Keane said.

"I have the green light to have three or four days with them. I don't know if I will be allowed into any team talks. I'll keep my head down and just watch them, try to plug into what they are always about."

Will there be any funny war dances on the pitch at the Stadium of Light next year? Maybe:

"If the haka didn't inspire you before a game, what could?" he said, ominously.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?