Thursday, April 03, 2008

Man Utd doctor saved Indiana Jones

In the early 80s, Harrison Ford injured his back while filming 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' in Sri Lanka.

Soon after, he returned to Pinewood Studios in England to continue filming, but his back was still bothering him.

He struggled to find anyone in the capital who would risk treating such a big name celebrity, so it ended up being the medical staff at Old Trafford who helped him out.

He explains: "I couldn't find anyone to treat me in London, Harley Street doctors were afraid of the liability issues. I finally got the Manchester United team doctor to treat me. They had to strap me to a trolley with a bottle of nitrous oxide. I had to be carried feet first down the narrow, twisting stairs and was taken by ambulance to Manchester to see the doctor."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?