Thursday, May 29, 2008

New balls are source of concern for Lehmann

Arsenal's German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has admitted he is struggling to adjust to the new ball that will be used at Euro 2008.

The 38-year-old's performance in Tuesday's friendly with Belarus was criticised as Germany let slip a two-goal lead to draw 2-2.

Lehmann, who has scarcely featured for his club this season, conceded twice in the last 30 minutes to again raise questions over his suitability for the number one spot in Austria and Switzerland.

And Lehmann revealed he was finding the movement of the new ball difficult to cope with.

He said: "The ball is very difficult for me. I only trained with it for the first time a week ago. It is once again different to the ones before it.

"I had a situation in the first half where I wanted to hold on to the ball - and then it started to move around.

"I hope in the coming days, when also my freshness will come back, that I then have a bit of time for a lot of shot training in order to get more familiar with the ball."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?