Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dabo launches vitriolic attack on 'cowardly' Barton

Ousmane Dabo last night labelled Premier League hooligan Joey Barton a coward and called on Newcastle to sack him.

Former Manchester City midfielder Dabo was left with horrific facial injuries after Barton struck him from behind and reigned blows on him during an incident at the club's training ground at the end of the 2006-07 season.

This week Barton was handed a four-month suspended jail term after pleading guilty to the attack at Manchester Crown Court.

And as Barton's current club Newcastle try to offload the errant midfielder, Dabo revealed that his attacker still has not apologised.

Dabo - now with Lazio - said: 'I almost lost an eye,' he recalled.

'It was a terrible day but now I am happy with the outcome.'

Barton admits he attacked me, struck me from behind and beat me when I was unconscious.

'He admits he behaved in a cowardly way, and he is a coward.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?