Monday, August 25, 2008

Redknapp fancies leading UK Olympic side in 2012

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp would relish the chance to manage a Great Britain football team at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

Organisers are hoping a side will be entered, although the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish Football Associations object to the plan.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been the name touted for the role but he has distanced himself from the idea.

Londoner Redknapp has taken the opposite stance.

'I'm absolutely flattered that my name is being mentioned about managing the Great Britain team,' he said.

'Would I take it if they offered it to me? Absolutely, I would be a fool not to.

'I've had some great managerial jobs during my career but there is no doubt this would be the icing on the cake.

'The fact it is being held on my old stamping ground in East London makes it even more appealing.'

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?