Friday, January 30, 2009

Beckham in Leyton link

David Beckham was last night dramatically linked to a possible buyout of Leyton Orient.

Owner and chairman Barry Hearn confirmed he is in talks with Beckham’s agent Terry Byrne.

Hearn, who bought the club in 1995, said: "It’s true I’m in discussions with Terry Byrne over the possibility of selling Orient.

"I’ve always said I’m a fan of the club but it doesn’t mean I have to be the owner so long as I can guarantee its long-term survival.

"At this stage we’re only in discussions but it only takes a minute to agree something if it’s in the best interests of the club."

Byrne is Beckham’s most trusted friend and advisor and it is inevitable the England superstar’s name will be associated with the takeover.

Becks, 33, is also a local lad who was born and raised in Leytonstone.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?