Sunday, March 01, 2009

Fan creates Wembley in his front room

A Manchester United fan has recreated Wembley Stadium in his front room because he failed to get tickets to see the team in the Carling Cup final.

Phil Spark's Didsbury home now has a turnstile on the door, fake turf on the floor, stadium seats, crowd pictures on the walls and a pie heater.

The 25-year-old and his friends will watch Sunday's game against Tottenham on a big screen in the mock stadium.

He said: "This is the next best thing to being there.

"I was gutted when I couldn't get a ticket for the game but I've spent the last few weeks making sure I won't miss any of the action or atmosphere," Mr Sparks, a surveyor, said.

"I may even charge my mates to come round for the best view in Didsbury."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?