Friday, July 31, 2009

Bent apologises for his Twitter blast

Tottenham striker Darren Bent has apologised for posting "inappropriate comments'' about club chairman Daniel Levy on his Twitter page.

The England man criticised Levy on the social networking site on Thursday night, accusing him of holding up his proposed move to Sunderland.

Bent, who was pulled off Tottenham's trip to China at the last minute on Monday, said in a statement on the Spurs official website: "I appreciate that transfers are seldom straightforward and are often complex.

"However, after a long period of waiting following my withdrawal from the plane to China, I had become incredibly frustrated by the time these things take and I posted inappropriate comments on my Twitter site.'

"I allowed my emotions to get in the way of my better judgment. I regret my actions and did not intend to offend Daniel Levy or anyone with the nature or the content of my posting.''


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?