Saturday, February 25, 2012

Steve Kean hires bodyguard to protect him from fans

Under-fire Blackburn manager Steve Kean has had to hire a bodyguard to protect him from Rovers hooligans, although he admits his minder doubles up as a pretty good buddy.

The Ewood Park boss has faced intense criticism from sections of home support since the start of the season, and Kean has revealed the constant protests against his management has had an impact on his everyday life.

‘I was advised that it would be in my interest to have somebody with me at all times,’ he said.

‘I was at a restaurant with my wife and children a few months ago and got a text message from a friend telling me to be careful.

‘There was stuff going out on Twitter from an activist group which identified the restaurant so that people could confront me.’

However, despite having to take the unenviable step of hiring personal security, Kean revealed there’s an upside of having round-the-clock company.

‘The chap who protects me is a seventh dan in karate, but he is not big or butch or anything. He knows how to handle himself.

‘It is a bit strange having him around, but there are some good things too. He is bloody interesting to talk to, for a start.’

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?