Friday, March 29, 2013

George Weah's son gets Chelsea trial


Chelsea are giving a trial to the 13-year-old son of AC Milan legend George Weah.

Weah Snr, who won two Italian titles, played on loan at Stamford Bridge in 2000, scoring three goals in 11 appearances.

And now son Timothy Weah hopes to follow in his father’s footsteps and has been given the chance to impress at Chelsea.

George said: "He is talented.

"We just wanted to give him the opportunity and we also want him to enjoy the game he has passion for so I brought him to Chelsea just for a trial and for a different experience.

"When I left London, I kept ties with Chelsea and when my son wanted to come to England to play, the first person I called was the club’s liaison officer Gary Staker.

"Gary made it happen and Timothy is enjoying it. He has started training already and he is happy."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?