Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ipswich fan banned from collecting autographs from players


An Ipswich Town fan who collects club memorabilia says players have been warned NOT to give him shirts or sign autographs for him.

Mark McBurney, 37, insisted that he has acquired kit and signatures from the Championship outfit's stars for his own collection and not to sell on.

But the Portman Road club claims the season ticket holder has asked for several autographs at the same time and has now asked him to stop making requests.

Mark, who regularly follows Ipswich away from home with his eight-year-old son Lewis, said:  "I have about eight or nine shirts that I have bought personally and got them signed, and about four or five that the players have given me themselves.

"I was approached by a steward after a game this season when two players had given my son and I their shirts and he said 'I need to have those two shirts back.'"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?