Thursday, April 25, 2013

“Less democracy is sometimes better for organising a World Cup,” says FIFA general secretary

Too much democracy can be a hindrance when organising a World Cup, FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke said on Wednesday.

Valcke said one of the reasons FIFA had encountered difficulties in organising the 2014 World Cup in Brazil was due to the various levels of government in the South American nation.

He expected fewer problems for Russia 2018 with President Vladimir Putin.

"I will say something which is crazy, but less democracy is sometimes better for organising a World Cup," he told a symposium on the tournament.

"When you have a very strong head of state who can decide, as maybe Putin can do in 2018 - that is easier for us organisers than a country such as Germany" where you have to negotiate at different levels.

Comments:
Hello, I read your new stuff on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the
good work!

Also visit my weblog ... エアジョーダン
 
I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

Here is my blog post :: アバクロ tシャツ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?