Friday, May 17, 2013

Ferguson admits sleeping in and skipping work for first time

Sir Alex Ferguson slept in and skipped work for the first time as Manchester United boss - after the emotion of his retirement left him shattered.

Ferguson, famed for his work ethic and for being in work at the Red Devils' training ground by 7am every day, admitted he couldn't get out of bed on Tuesday morning - the day after the club's Premier League victory parade through Manchester in front of 100,000 fans.

Old Trafford boss Ferguson, 71, who takes charge of his final game as United boss on Sunday at West Brom, after 26-and-a-half years in charge, said: "The whole last few days have been hard.

"On the Monday night, after the parade, I slept for 10 hours, I think for the first time in my life!

"I was absolutely gone, knackered. I didn't go in [to work the next morning].

"As it got to - I don't know what time it was - I kept feeling the presence of Cathy coming into the bedroom.

"I think she was just checking to see if I was still alive!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?