Thursday, June 20, 2013

Yaya Sanogo: I nearly quit football to work in a post office

Arsenal new boy Yaya Sanogo has revealed he nearly quit football to work in a post office before completing his surprise switch to the Gunners.

Sanogo is expected to formally complete his transfer to the Emirates in the next few days, having passed a medical in north London last month.

But his road to stardom has not been easy, with the 20-year-old suffering a string of injury problems including a fractured tibia that ruled him out for nine months in 2010.

And according to the French hitman, the injury problems have got so bad he nearly quit his playing career recently - in order to go and work in his mum’s post office.

‘I told my mum that because of my injuries I wanted to quit,’ said Sanogo.

‘I told her that I was ready to give up and go and work in the post office.’

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?