Tuesday, July 02, 2013

McClaren makes shock return

Steve McClaren has made a shock return to English football next season as a coach at Queens Park Rangers.

The west Londoners confirmed this afternoon that the former England boss has agreed a deal to become part of Harry Redknapp's backroom staff .

The move will surprise many and spark speculation over the future of Redknapp himself as McClaren, 52, has been open about wanting to get back into management .

But the former FC Twente boss - who has been out of work since his second spell at the Dutch club - insists he is there to help Redknapp and the club.

"I'm delighted to take up this position offered to me by Harry and QPR," he said.

"Whilst it still remains my ambition to manage again this gives me an ideal opportunity to stay involved and work on the field with one of the top managers in this country and a very ambitious club.

"Rest assured, I'll be doing all I can for Harry, the club and the fans to help QPR return to the Premier League."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?