Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ronaldo free-kick breaks boy's wrist


A young football fan whose wrist was broken by a Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick at Bournemouth has received a shirt signed by the player and his Real Madrid team-mates.

AFC Bournemouth took on the Spanish giants in a pre-season friendly at the Goldsands Stadium on Saturday.

The match attracted thousands of fans.

Among them was Charlie Silverwood, 11, who early in the match was hit by a Ronaldo free-kick and later had to undergo surgery on his wrist.

Charlie, from Christchurch, said: "It was Ronaldo's first free-kick of the game. It went straight for me so I blocked the ball with the palm of my left hand and the force, I suppose, reverberated up my arm and broke my wrist."

First aiders at the ground put his arm in a sling and told him to go to hospital.

"Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime opportunity - seeing them play your local club - so I watched the rest of the match, mostly in pain considering I still had the sling, and afterwards I then went to hospital," he said.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?