Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Di Canio regrets inviting referee to send him off


Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio said he regrets inviting the referee to send him off during their controversial 3-1 home defeat by Arsenal.

The Italian was sent to the stand after arguing with referee Martin Atkinson over alleged Arsenal time-wasting.

"He came to me and said 'if you keep going with your manner I will send you up to the stand'," Di Canio explained.

"I said if you want to complete a perfect job, you can send me off. He took it seriously and sent me off."

Di Canio, whose side sit bottom of the Premier League with one point from four games, added: "Next time I will never invite the referee to send me off because he took it seriously."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?