Friday, September 13, 2013

Man City fan vows to get Man Utd tattoo for charity

A Manchester City supporter has promised to get a Manchester United tattoo if he manages to raise £1,500 for charity.

Chris Worthington, of Macclesfield, is raising funds for the When You Wish Upon Star charity, which helped his seven-year-old daughter Poppy during her battle with a brain tumour.

If he reaches his target, Chris will gets a United badge tattooed on his forearm.

The 45-year-old told the Manchester Evening News: "I wanted to raise some money to thank them and this idea just popped into my head.

"I’m not in shape to run a marathon and I couldn’t think of anything more personally painful than a United tattoo on me for the rest of my life."

He is promising the tattoo will be the size of a jam jar lid.

He added: "I have no other tattoos, so this is going to be quite a thing.

"I didn’t want it to be hidden away, so I’m committed to it being on my forearm so it is obvious.

"Some of my City-supporting friends have refused to pay, unless I reach my target, so it looks like I’ll be appealing to those devious United fans to help me."

You can donate at justgiving.com/chris-worthington2.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?