Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Neymar pleads with fans to stop calling him

Neymarmania has reached such extremes that the Barcelona forward has had to make a plea to fans to stop calling in the early hours of the morning, forcing him to change his number every fortnight.

The Brazilian international used his Instagram profile on Tuesday to write an open letter to his supporters in which asked the ‘Neymarzetes’ - his most ardent followers - to refrain from their over-intrusive behaviour.

'I have a lot of affection for them and I don’t know if I would have got where I have today without them' he starts.

But he goes on to say: 'I am unable to keep the same number for more than two weeks because people who call themselves fans - Neymarzetes - call me in the early hours of the morning or send me messages.

'And worse they discover the numbers of my family, girlfriend and friends and they invent stories and tell lies so that in the end they also have to change their numbers.'

The 21-year-old from Sao Paolo has had no problems settling in to life in La Liga but off the pitch he says his sleep is being disturbed by supporters back home.

'I implore with all my heart that everyone who likes me and the Neymarzetes that have been with me from the start, that if they know of anyone who does not know where to draw the line, that they advise them, for the love of God, to change their behaviour. I don’t know what else to do.'

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?