Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Keane makes dramatic U-turn over 2002 World Cup row

Roy Keane has dramatically owned up to his regret about not playing in the 2002 World Cup finals for the Republic of Ireland.

Asked during the ITV4 study ‘Keane & Vieira’ what would he do if he could do one thing again with Ireland, Keane admitted simply: ‘Play in the World Cup.’

‘It would have been nice to play. A lot of people were disappointed, particularly my family,’ added Keane, who was sent home after a bust-up with Mick McCarthy in Saipan.

‘Mick [McCarthy] said to me "if you don’t respect me how can you play for me?"

‘What I should have said was I wasn’t playing for him I was playing for my country.’

Keane fell out with McCarthy over the training facilities in Saipan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?