Friday, December 20, 2013

Messi hits back at Barca VP Faus

Lionel Messi has accused Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus of being a businessman who "knows nothing about football", while also defending his father Jorge from continuing accusations of involvement in the laundering of drug money.

Faus said recently he saw no reason why Barca should improve "this gentleman’s" contract "every six months", amid speculation that the Blaugrana board were unhappy with Messi senior’s attempts to shake more money out of the club.

Messi junior told RAC1 that there had been no demand for a new contract, while suggesting that Faus and his fellow Barca directors were not up to their jobs.

"Mr. Faus is someone who knows nothing about football, and wants to run Barca like it was a business, which it is not," Messi said. "Barca is the best team in the world, and deserves to be represented by the best directors. And I remind him that neither I nor anyone from my camp have asked for a new contract -- and he knows that well."

The Argentina captain also said that media reports linking his family to criminal activity were upsetting, and that he trusted completely his father to look after his off the field affairs.

"I am very sorry about what they are saying, not just about me but about people I love like my papa and players who are friends," Messi said. "What we do in these games is 100 percent for charity. I am deeply united with my dad and my family, in the personal and the professional. I concentrate on playing football, and he concentrates on my off-field interests, and selecting the best professionals to help us."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?