Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ribery open to a move to the MLS or Gulf region

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery has said that he will not play for another club in Europe but is open to a move to the MLS or Gulf region before he retires.

Ribery, 30, joined Bayern from Marseille in 2007 and, although he had talked up a move to Spain three years ago, he said in a recent Sport Bild interview that he had opted to stay after receiving the club’s backing during a difficult time.

The France international has now ruled out any prospect of a future move to La Liga, Ligue 1 or any other European league, but he says he would relish the chance to play in the MLS or the Gulf once his "real career" is over.

"In Europe, there will be no other club, but it would be a bonus for me if there can be another continent after that," he said. "I could be tempted to go to a country like the U.S. or maybe the [United Arab] Emirates, but I would not count that as part of my real career.

"That would be something I would do to wind up my career and could not be compared to what I have experienced in Munich. I will stay in Munich as long as it is possible."

Ribery, who will be 34 when his current contract expires in 2017, says he is not dwelling on the matter of when that moment might come.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?