Thursday, January 30, 2014

Santos plan to take Neymar Sr. to court

Santos president Odilio Rodrigues has said his club intend to take Neymar Sr. to court to claim a share of a 40 million euro payment he received as part of his son’s move to Barcelona last summer.

The transfer is currently under investigation by a Madrid court over the possible "diversion" of money, but Neymar Sr. defended his role this week, saying that all the money he received had been accounted for.

Neymar Sr. said he received 40 million euros in the form of a "penalty clause" payment, which was apparently owed to the Neymar family as a result of the Brazil international moving to the Camp Nou 12 months earlier than had been previously agreed.

According to figures released by Barcelona on Friday, another 11.2 million euros was paid for the marketing, scouting and development work he was hired to do

Santos, meanwhile, received a 17.1 million euro payment for the transfer fee, which the club had to share with third-party investors DIS Esporte and Teisa.

At a news conference in Sao Paulo on Wednesday, Rodrigues said he was not fully happy with the explanations the Brazilian club had been given.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?